- is one of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- is the daily oblation of ourselves and all our actions to God
- is realized as compassion and the service of others
- serves God and others without dwelling on what God or others will do for us
- perseveres in giving without thinking of any return
- reduces the desire for human approval
Faithfulness is also known as ‘fidelity’
Faithfulness is the dynamic expression of the Fruit of Meekness. Faithfulness results in compassion for others, especially in serving their concrete needs. It serves God without dwelling on what God or others will do for us, and perseveres in giving without thinking of any return.
With this fruit, our normal need for affirmation is coming from a new place: the growing conviction of being loved by God. This greatly reduces our desire for human approval.
Fidelity is giving without the expectation of receiving in return.
How does it feel to offer your whole self to God? How might you be more compassionate?
For God’s sake, give yourself. For others’ sake, give yourself. For your own sake, give yourself.