Wisdom (Gift of Wisdom)
- is the highest of the seven Gifts of the Spirit
- is a permanent gift, even though it manifests itself transiently
- provides God’s view of reality
- sees God in suffering
- communicates the mystery of God’s presence as a personal experience
- ends doubts about God’s love for each of us individually
- shares its inspirations with our intellect and will
- grows along with charity
- gives insight into aspects of the divine attributes such as God’s infinite mercy, tenderness, and immanence
- engenders the view that we and every human being are incredibly loved and cared for by God
- establishes interior peace and puts our faculties in order
- FG: 107-111, 114-115
- HW: 61, 80
- BP: 47-48
The Gift of Wisdom provides us with God’s view of things. The divine perspective on reality penetrates through events and perceives the divine presence and action at work even in the most tragic and painful of situations.
The Gift of Wisdom provides us with God’s view of things, a kind of divine perspective on reality that penetrates through events and perceives the divine presence and action at work, even in tragic and painful situations. To see God in suffering is a high level of the Gift of Wisdom. Some things learned in this perspective cannot be learned in any other way.
The Gift of Wisdom has an important place in Centering Prayer because it fills prayer with the general and loving attentiveness toward God.
The Gift of Wisdom communicates the mystery of God’s presence as a personal experience. It ends any doubt about God’s love for us that might have lingered from early childhood, including feelings of rejection or lack of self-worth.
The Gift of Wisdom springs from a profound source within. It is a permanent gift, though it manifests itself transiently. The gift shares its inspiration with our intellect and will and grows along with faith, charity, and hope. Insights into aspects of the divine mystery, such as God’s mercy, tenderness, immensity, and majesty are the fruits of this gift.
The perspective of wisdom is that everyone is incredibly loved and cared for by God. Even the things we find in our lives that disturb us are okay. Wisdom knows the goodness of God with absolute certitude.
Wisdom communicates God’s view of events and experiences. Wisdom yields ‘the peace that is beyond all understanding’.
Where is God in your suffering? What is God’s point of view regarding suffering?
Permanently release any doubts about God’s love for you and the world. Know God’s mercy. Know God’s tenderness. Know God’s intimacy.